Guardian Service Dogs™
Located near beautiful Colorado Springs, Guardian Service Dogs™ specializes in providing Quality Service Dog Training and Certification to Disabled Veterans and Service Members (Qualifying civilians also accepted *limited spaces)
Become a Partner or Sponsor
Become a Volunteer
Learn More About Training
We would like to thank American Warrior Initiative, and AO Films for this amazing video documenting our mission and the impact our program has on the lives of our warriors. Service Dogs Save Lives™.
Our Goals include:
- Providing Veterans with a quality Owner assisted Service Dog Training program tailored specifically towards individual training needs
- Providing our service at no cost to veterans and service members
- Providing our services to military and service member families and civilians (limited spaces avail.)
- Researching benefits of service dogs
- Research and development related to service dogs and training techniques
What We Train For:
- Assisting those with PTSD, TBI, Traumatic Amputation or Paralysis
- Recognizing and assisting during seizures
- Alerting individuals who may be experiencing dissociative episodes and/or flashbacks of emotional trauma
- Assisting those with Item and/or Crowd Aversion
- Emergency Alert activation
- Pulling a wheelchair or stabilizing a person’s gait
- Retrieving items such as medicine or the telephone
At Guardian Service Dogs™, we specialize in providing Disabled Veterans and Service Members with a quality, individualized, Service Dog Training Program. We utilize the Battle Drill Training Method™, developed by our own Executive Training Director and Head Service Dog Trainer, David Proctor Sgt. Ret.
We don’t just train the dogs, we train the Handler.
With our program, Warriors don’t just learn how to “use” their Service Dog, they learn how and why their dog is behaving the way it is and how to address various situations with their dog in real-life situations. Each Handler also will learn about the laws related to Service Dogs and what to do in the case of an access issue. This alone can help prevent any undue stress for a person using a Service Dog, especially those with PTSD.
Contact us today to Schedule an Evaluation: Apply Here!
Please fill out and submit the initial application prior to scheduling your appointment. Thank you.
Service Dogs Save Lives™
– Gary, Vietnam Veteran
The toughest part of coming home was settling back down, coming off that Hypervigilant state…the cardboard box on the side of the road does not contain explosives…No matter how hard you tell yourself that you still can’t bring yourself to walk past it… Guardian Service Dogs is training my dog to help me with my item aversion.
– Michelle, Veteran’s Wife
– Tracy & Faith, Active Duty Family
We believe Service Dogs Save Lives and so do our clients. Here’s what a few of our Warriors have had to say about the impact our program and their Service Dog has made in their lives.
Support a Veteran: Get Involved