Service Dog Application
Become a Partner or Sponsor
Become a Volunteer
Learn More About Training
Application and Paperwork
- There is a $50 non-refundable Application Processing fee that must be paid at the time of scheduling. All information must be filled out truthfully and completely.
- Rescheduling will be allowed at no extra charge if made 24 hours before your appointment. If you reschedule your appointment with less than 24 hours notice there may be additional fees to reschedule.
- Documents Required for application processing are DD214 (Veterans), and Medical Recommendation.
- Classes are mostly held in Colorado Springs, beginning at Guardian Service Dogs’ training facility and then gradually transitioning into more advanced public environments.
- There will be a home inspection to ensure adequate housing, safety, and care of the Service Dog
**Without a current, valid medical recommendation you do not qualify for our program.
Guardian Service Dogs offers quality training that meets or exceeds all Laws and regulations in accordance with the A.D.A and Guardian Service Dogs Minimum Standards for Service Dog Certification.
The Americans With Disibilities Act (ADA) defines a Service Animal as “dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA”.
Support a Veteran: Get Involved